Resultat 1 till 10 av 10

Ämne: Vad skiljer motorerna åt?

Vad skiljer motorerna åt?

Hej, någon kunnig här som kan data om det olika, ska vi kalla dom, sportstermotrorer, som Buellcycklarna använt sig av.
    menar då egentligen skilland mot std sportster!? är dom endast lite modifierade, eller mycket? någon skillnad är det det kan jag intyga!(se mitt garage)

delge er av alla kunskaper, erfarenheter, rykten osv. det är ju roliga motorer att använda i ett custombygge eller bara slänga in i std sporren! Jag lade ner storhög med pengar på att trimma min 883:a topp/cyllar/kammar/bestyckning + en massa jobb! bara för att konstatera att denna är lite vassare ändå!

/Jonny

Hittade lite snabbt denna info...

From 2002 HD Sportster Service manual:

883 rated 57 HP @ 6000 RPM
    1200 66 HP @ 5200 RPM
    1200S Sport 69 HP @ 5500 RPM

From 1999/2000 Buell Lightning Service Manual:

2000 X-1 101 HP @ 6200 RPM
    1995-96 S-2 76 HP @ 5200 RPM
    1997-98 M-2 83 HP @ 5800 RPM

To my knowledge, the XB 12's were to be 104 HP. My '04 XB12R, with a stock muffler, stock ECM and K&N air filter made 94 HP to the rear wheel. On the same day my old '03 XB9S made 80 HP to the rear wheel with the Buell race ECM, air filter(K&N) and race muffler. The 2000 1200S Sport I had made 69 & 70 HP on several dyno pulls the only change was from a V&H SSR2 system to a Super Trapp.

Buell's use the Screamin' Eagle 'Bolt-in' camshafts (except for th M-2), same with the lightened flywheels (also not in the M-2).
    In my experience and part numbers the S-1 Lightning head is the same as the Thunderstorm head, but they went from a flat-top piston to a dome.

The heavier flywheel in the M-2 and XL's will 'feel' torquey-er. Buell's also gain from having an excellent exhaust system from the performance stand point, where as XL's get stuck with drag pipes and street sweepers, more for looks than go.

Buells also get to operate at higher RPM's thanks to rubber mounts, Sportsters were solid mount until 2003. As for HD using Buell hot rod stuff, look no further than the Sportster Nightster with XB heads, pistons, and cams(and much more HP).

As for all the dyno data, in the summer time, there is a shop here in Tulsa that had a summer long dyno shoot out, it had several classes like 1200cc Buell/Sportster, Imports, 80 inch V-2, Twin cam, etc. It included Saturday night dyno pulls(two pulls for $20), with beer and sometimes a band, and usually lot of girls and tons of bikes of all kinds.

http://badweatherbikers.com/buell/me...tml?1214305663

VIKTIGT! Information gällande tekniska frågor!

Inte medlem på HarleyForum.se? Registrera dig helt gratis här!

trevligt, gillade specielt "...Saturday night dyno pulls(two pulls for $20), with beer and sometimes a band, and usually lot of girls and tons of bikes...." varför hittat jag alldrig dessa ställen längs vägen..

fast lite intressant med info om buell och sportster var det också tack Admin

någon mera med kunskap att dela med?

Min motor:
    Model: Buell S1 Lightning
    Year: 1998
    Displacement: 1203.00 ccm (73.41 cubic inches)
    Engine type: V2, four-stroke
    Power: 86.00 HP (62.8 kW)) @ 6000 RPM
    Torque: 107.00 Nm (10.9 kgf-m or 78.9 ft.lbs) @ 5400 RPM

V.I.B
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2011
    Tackad: 0
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av admin Visa inlägg
    Buell's use the Screamin' Eagle 'Bolt-in' camshafts (except for th M-2), same with the lightened flywheels (also not in the M-2).
    In my experience and part numbers the S-1 Lightning head is the same as the Thunderstorm head, but they went from a flat-top piston to a dome.

http://badweatherbikers.com/buell/me...tml?1214305663
    Detta ser ut att gälla de M2 som såldes på den amerikanska marknaden och inte i europa då de fick de vassare kammarna mm....

V.I.B Contributor Lasse.Ss avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jun 2011
    Tackad: 32

Why Do Harleys Vibrate So Much? There's a physics reason behind it. With pure rotating weight only (absent any reciprocating weight) a flywheel assembly could be balanced perfectly for all rpms, i.e. it wouldn't matter how fast you spin it, it would always be in perfect balance. But connecting rods and pistons contribute reciprocating weight, and worse, the loads imparted onto the crank by reciprocating weight go up as the square of the speed increase, rather than linearly. The classic way to balance when you have reciprocating weight is to design the motor such that the loads from one rod & piston assembly offset the loads from another rod & piston assembly. However, the 45 degree common crankpin and knife & fork rod assembly make this impossible. So sans a counter balancer, we're stuck with achieving proper balance at one rpm only, with vibrations increasing as the rpm is moved further and further away from that point. Therefore, the most effective thing you can do to improve the balance on an HD motor is to minimize reciprocating weight, i.e. run lightweight connecting rods and pistons. Not only will this reduce vibration, but it will also reduce the wear and tear on the lower end, make a failure less likely, and add power. At HAMMER PERFORMANCE, we offer the lightest connecting rods and pistons in the business for exactly this reason.
    More Torque from Heavier Flywheels? No! This is bad information that even some professional shops spread around. Torque comes from cylinder pressure and it's mechanical advantage on the crank (both bore and stroke give it mechanical advantage). The flywheel assembly simply stores the energy, it does not produce it. In fact, when you dyno test a bike on an acceleration based dyno like a DynoJet, a bike with heavier flywheels will, all else being equal, show less torque and power than a bike with lighter flywheels! However, because heavier flywheels store more energy, they make it easier to pull away at low throttle and low rpm without stalling, and likewise generally improve very low rpm manners.
    883 or 1200? Through the 1994 model year, HD offered a separate crankshaft assembly for 883's and 1200's, each balanced for the appropriate pistons. However, beginning in 1995, HD reverted to one part number for either model, a situation that remains true today. When buying a replacement 883 assembly for a 91-94, the part number now supersedes to the common assembly. As explained above, the net result of this change is that the ideal rpm for minimum vibrations will be somewhat different between the two engine sizes, due to the difference in reciprocating weight between 883 and 1200 pistons.
    Buell or XL? 1995-1996 Buell S2 models used standard XL crankshaft assemblies. However, beginning with the S1 model introduced in 1996, and extending through the 2002 model which was the last year of interchangeable Buell/Sportster cranks, Buells got lighter flywheel assemblies. The lighter flywheel assembly makes the bike rev quicker and will show more power on an acceleration based dynamometer (e.g. DynoJet). The downside is slightly poorer low rpm manners. A lightweight flywheel assembly from a 1996-1999 Buell will go right into a Sportster from 1991-1999. Likewise a lightweight flywheel assembly from a 2000-2002 Buell will go right into a 2000-2003 Sportster. Beginning with the Buell XB model introduced in 2003, there is no more interchangeability between Sportster and Buell cranks. Likewise, the 2004 & newer XL cranks (rubber mounts) do not interchange with earlier XL cranks.
    Pressed or Bolted? Beginning in 2000 all factory XL & Buell cranks became press together assemblies, as opposed to the bolt-together versions found on 1991-1999 models. The press together style cranks greatly complicate crank servicing, in fact HD stopped selling service parts for them, they only offer complete assemblies. However, the pressed design does add some rigidity to the whole assembly and they have proven reliable in street performance applications. Fitted with quality connecting rods, trued, balanced, and welded, they've proven suitable for race applications as well. Press-together cranks from 2000-2002 Buells and 2000-2003 Sportsters can be fitted to 91-99 motors with a minor machining operation on the right side case half, which HAMMER PERFORMANCE can provide for you. Bolt together cranks from 1991-1999 models can be fitted to 2000-2002 Buells and 2000-2003 Sportsters with no problem.
    What's the Best Crank? Starting in 2008, all Buell cranks got a new 1.5" crankpin. All other XL and Buell cranks came with a 1.25" crankpin. The larger 1.5" piece greatly increases the rigidity of the crank, resisting "spread" which can cause pinion runout and breakage. These cranks can be fitted to 2003-2007 Buell XB models, but not to Sportster models. If you need a 1.5" crankpin crankshaft assembly for a Sportster mill,

BOTM Moderator JohnnyRockers avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2011

PTB, resterande text?

V.I.B Contributor Lasse.Ss avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jun 2011
    Tackad: 32

Oj då kontakta hammerperf.com skall det så också

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JohnnyRocker Visa inlägg
    PTB, resterande text?

BOTM Moderator JohnnyRockers avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2011

jaha, dåså inget värre än så.

Tjipp!

Fluktade på Hammerperformance sida där de beskrivel de olika topparna som har suttit i XL motorerna under åren och i slutet även i Buell.
    Länk finns här:
    http://hammerperf.com/ttxlheads.shtml

Bokmärken

Bokmärken

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •