Resultat 1 till 3 av 3

Ämne: Harley fick rätt mot St.Paul mfl

Harley fick rätt mot St.Paul mfl

About Us | Subscribe | RSS | Digital Edition | Follow Us

St. Paul Harley-Davidson and the Motor Co. have settled a lawsuit over dealers selling official Harley-Davidson goods using third-party websites like eBay and Amazon.com. And although the parties aren't yet talking, it doesn't look like it went the dealer's way.

Terms of the settlement were not disclosed, other than a judge’s April 11 dismissal order stating that both parties would handle their own legal fees. The dismissal is “with prejudice,” meaning the parties cannot re-file the case.

Attorney Douglas Boettge, who represented St. Paul Harley-Davidson in the lawsuit, confirmed the settlement. Dealer principal Tom Giannetti and attorneys for the Motor Co. did not immediately return calls seeking comments.

Although the terms of the settlement are under wraps, it doesn’t look like it went well for St. Paul Harley-Davidson. The dealership’s eBay store now carries the following disclaimer:

“Thank you for your interest in St. Paul Harley-Davidson®. Due to recent internet sales policy changes with Harley-Davidson Motor Company, we are no longer able to accept third party website transactions for any of our products. We will continue to honor our thirty (30) day return and exchange policy from the date of your purchase’s receipt. Please contact us directly at esales@stpaulhd.com for specific instructions regarding exchanges and returns. We thank you for your past business and support, and appreciate your understanding.”

Dealernews was unable to find a listing for St. Paul Harley-Davidson as a seller on Amazon.com.

The dealership sued The Motor Co. last November, claiming the OEM's restrictions on foreign sales by U.S. dealers and sales through third-party websites are unfair, and undercut dealer profits.

St. Paul Harley-Davidson owner Tom Giannetti alleged in the complaint that new restrictions on PG&A sales “would deprive [St. Paul Harley-Davidson] of literally millions of dollars of annual revenues, thereby jeopardizing its ability to remain in business.” He claims the dealership made $8 million a year in revenue from online and foreign sales from 2008 through 2010.

According to the lawsuit, the OEM notified U.S. dealers that, starting Aug. 1, 2011, they would no longer be able to sell Harley-Davidson parts and accessories to any customer outside the United States. The lawsuit said that starting Jan. 1, 2012, U.S. dealers may not sell new parts or accessories on third-party websites. The dealer claimed that violated his franchise agreement.
    Senast redigerat av ultra98 den 2012-04-12 klockan 20:49.

Ja de e för jäkligt....men jag blir mer och mer säker på att det här blir min sista Harley, tänker fan inte betala svenska ockerpriser...

V.I.B Frittes avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2012
    Tackad: 0

Då får man väl boka en USA biljett om man vill ha tag i billiga original grejor. Man kanske ska snacka med Ryan air så dom kan starta en ny rutt för oss bikers.
    Men det är väl bara en tidsfråga innan McDonalds och Coca cola också ordnar med exportförbud till EU.

Liknande ämnen

1. Fick ett mail
    Av Dragos i forum Harley-Davidson Generellt
    Svar: 9
    Senaste inlägg: 2012-02-01, 22:41
  2. Fick du nån Harleyjulklapp i år?
    Av admin i forum Omröstningstrådar
    Svar: 33
    Senaste inlägg: 2011-12-29, 03:47
  3. Hur fick du fira din jul?
    Av dianhualan i forum Off Topic
    Svar: 6
    Senaste inlägg: 2011-12-28, 19:01
  4. Gillar hojen, o fick tjejen på köpet :)
    Av admin i forum Harley-Davidson Bilder & Filmer
    Svar: 8
    Senaste inlägg: 2011-07-25, 13:32
  5. Tjej fick sin Harleytank signad av Judas Priest!
    Av admin i forum Harley-Davidson Bilder & Filmer
    Svar: 1
    Senaste inlägg: 2011-06-11, 11:08

Bokmärken

Bokmärken

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •